Here’s a look at what’s open and closed for Labour Day Monday.
What’s open on Labour Day:
- Tanger Outlet, Vaughan Mills Mall, Orillia Square Mall and Upper Canada Mall
- Movie theatres
- Most restaurants
- Some grocery stores and pharmacies. You can search for local pharmacies and clinics here
- Canada’s Wonderland
What’s closed on Labour Day:
- Bayfield Mall and Georgian Mall
- LCBO stores will be closed
- Beer Stores will be closed
- Most banks
- Most federal, municipal, and provincial buildings (Also closed on Monday)
- Post offices
- Barrie Transit will run on Sunday service
- Orillia Transit will have no service
- Midland Transit will have no service
- GO Transit will be running
- Other transit services will operate on reduced hours
If you’re thinking about checking out Barrie’s newest festival, Illuminate Barrie, you might want to plan out how you’re going to get there.
Several areas around the waterfront are under construction, most notably, Essa Road. The City of Barrie is recommending people opt for transit instead of driving.
But if you decide to drive, there will be parking available along the waterfront.
Festivities begin on Saturday afternoon and continue into Sunday night. Both days will be capped off with fireworks displays, which will be set off at 9 p.m.