Two bodies identified in rubble of terror house

Two bodies identified in rubble of terror house

- in Headlines - Main nav
64
0
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

Police have identified two bodies found in a house destroyed by a huge blast linked to the Spanish terror attacks.

Investigators believe the Islamist extremist cell which carried out the vehicle rampages in Barcelona and the coastal resort of Cambrils may have accidentally blown up the property while preparing explosives a day earlier.

Image: The house was destroyed in Wednesday night’s blast

One of those killed in Wednesday’s blast at the bomb factory in Alcanar could have been former imam, Abdelbaki es Satty, who is said to have been a spiritual ringleader of the group.

It is also possible that a total of three people may have died in the explosion.

Video: Inside flat of attackers’ ‘spiritual guide’

Police said they have discovered 120 gas canisters at the property for attacks in Barcelona.

Traces of the explosive TATP, which was used by Islamic State in atrocities in Paris and Brussels, were also found.

TATP is known as the “mother of Satan” and is dangerously unstable.

Officials believe the Spain cell wanted to fill three rental vans with explosives to create a massive atrocity.

Abdelbaki es Satty

Image: Abdelbaki es Satty may have been a spiritual ringleader for the cell

But the plans changed after the house where their plot was being hatched blew up.

The possible bomb-maker Mohamed Houli Chemlal was wounded in the explosion and is being detained.

Authorities also said the driver of the van that knocked down pedestrians on Barcelona’s Las Ramblas promenade on Thursday, killing 13 people and injuring more than 120, was the only terrorist in the vehicle.

Mohamed Houli Chemlal

Image: Mohamed Houli Chemlal was the possible bomb-maker

But there is confusion over who was at the wheel at the time of the rampage.

The driver could have been Younes Abouyaaquoub, who is still thought to be on the run and may have crossed the French border.

Younes Abouyaaqoub

Image: Younes Abouyaaquoub’s credit card was used to rent the vans

Authorities have linked three vans to the 22-year-old of Moroccan origin, whose credit card was used to rent them.

It was first claimed that Moussa Oukabir was driving. But then it was revealed the teenager had been killed along with four other terrorists by officers following a standoff in Cambrils.

A woman died and several other civilians were hurt in the car rampage, along with an officer.

Spanish police have launched a massive manhunt for Moussa Oukabir

Image: Moussa Oukabir was killed in Cambrils

However, police have now told reporters they cannot say for sure who drove the van into crowds at Las Ramblas.

Another van was found in Vic, 44 miles north of Barcelona on the road to Ripoll, where all the main attack suspects lived.

A third was found in Ripoll itself.

Along with Mohamed Houli Chemlal, four other suspects have been arrested.

Abouyaaquoub is on the run and two others are still missing – Abdelbaki es Satty and Youssef Aalla.

Meanwhile, British boy Julian Cadman was among those killed in the Barcelona attack, it has been announced.

Also, Spain’s King and Queen have attended a mass at Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia basilica for the victims.

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

About the author

Global News | Local Delivery

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like

Wed. November 22nd, 2017 – Ken Campbell's DRAWING FOUNDATIONS: Drawing in Paint

Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and